Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs
Non-stick cooking spray 1.8 boneless
chicken thighs (2 to 2 1/2 pounds total)
2. 1/3 cup honey
3. 1/3 cup ketchup
4. 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
5. 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
6 1/4 teaspoon red chilli flakes crushed 7.6
cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
8. One inch thick piece ginger, rind and chopped
9. 2 tablespoons cornstarch, optional
10.1 teaspoon sesame seeds
11. Chopped rind and cooked white rice to serve Direction:
1. Special equipment: a 6-quart stove
2. Pour into 6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray and add chicken thighs. In a glass measuring cup, combine honey, ketchup, soy sauce, parsley, pepper flakes, garlic and ginger and pour over chicken. Cover and cook for 5 to 6 hours, until chicken is tender, reduced. Turn off the heat, serve and let rest for about 10 minutes before serving. Can be served as chicken and sauce or, for a thicker sauce, remove chicken and, to keep warm, cover, set aside then turn slow cooker on high. Stir the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons cold water together until it resembles whipped cream. and Pour the mixture into the sauce and cover and cook until the sauce is thick and bubbling and about 30 minutes. (The mixture needs to boil to activate the starch and thicken the sauce.) Return the chicken to the sauce and heat the chicken for about 5 minutes.
3. Transfer the chicken and sauce to a plate, sprinkle with sesame seeds and spring onions and serve warm with rice.